Aa! Megami-sama Season 3?
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Aa! Megami-sama Season 3?
Will it be made?

I searched quite a bit on this but was unable to find anything on this - apart from a random blog which said that Hiroaki Gohda (the director of the series) would like to animate the manga as far as it is possible. (Even wikipedia says this.) So, are their any plans for a second season?

I ask cos, if there are not - I might as well start watching the series...

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM    Back_to_top 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Re: Aa! Megami-sama Season 3?
Will it be made?

avalnanche (#92065) :
I searched quite a bit on this but was unable to find anything on this - apart from a random blog which said that Hiroaki Gohda (the director of the series) would like to animate the manga as far as it is possible. (Even wikipedia says this.) So, are their any plans for a second season?

I ask cos, if there are not - I might as well start watching the series...

Might as well start watching it now, and then fill in the gaps by reading the manga.

I haven't heard any news about a future season 3 either. Could be still in the planning stages or even worse, still sourcing for funds to kick start the project.

The Rules Are Here! Read Them!
Here Are the FAQs. Read Them Too!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
SupraGuy (#92823)
AnimeNfo Description Editor

Well, look at the gap between the first and second seasons, and the second was a 2006 production at that. There may well be a third season coming, but give it some time.

Have you read the Rules? How about the FAQ? If not, why not?

Anime Girls Character Battle Results!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

I went around digging and this is what I could find:
The first season ran from January to July 2005. The second season lasted from April to September 2006. Apparently 2 more episodes of the second season are to air today (23rd of February 2007 - nice coincedence! Smile)

So the gap between the starting dates of the two seasons has been 15 months (or so). No news regarding the 3rd season as of now Sad But I'm hoping one comes out this year as well... By using AM it should start by June 2007...

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)

avalnanche (#92065) :
The first season ran from January to July 2005. The second season lasted from April to September 2006. Apparently 2 more episodes of the second season are to air today (23rd of February 2007 - nice coincedence! Smile)
Say what? But the 2nd season is already over. In Sept. Could this be OVAs?

Two elements make an anime great: romance and moe!
My anime collection (with ranking) and visual novel CGs!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

cranston (#84421) :
avalnanche (#92065) :
Say what? But the 2nd season is already over. In Sept. Could this be OVAs?

I don't think they are OVA episodes. ANN and Anidb list them as regular episodes to be aired on the 23rd February. I wonder why the delay in these two episodes. I read the wikipedia entry which said that episode 23 has something to do with the 195th chapter and Peroth (I then quickly closed the page before I spoiled the episode for myself)...

PostPosted: 
Keiichi Morisato (#119965)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Clarification on the AMG Season 3 Series

While I don't make it a habit of posting exclusive information on any site other than mine I can assure everyone that Hiroaki Gohda and Matsubara Hidenori have put the series on temporary hiatus after working two straight years on a regular anime television series. This remains true as they have worked on 50 episodes of the anime series without a break.

According to a source of mine, Gohda-san and Hidenori-san wanted a break from the series and despite the unsubstantiated rumor that has been spreading around various anime websites, Hidenori-san isn't the one who is holding the production of a third season back. Hidenori-san is one of the nicest people on the face of the planet and despite what fans think they believe the animation director (Hidenori-san) has no power on whether a series is put on hold. Only the director of the anime series can do that.

Before anyone objects, I've been asked by a very personal and close friend of Matsubara Hidenori to spread the word that he is not holding the series back. Hidenori-san and Gohda-san are both working on the four new Evangelion movies that Gainax has placed into production. Both Hidenori-san and Gohda-san want to continue the series but that they need a break from the rapid pace that the Ah! My Goddess TV series has placed on their valuable time.

Sales of the AMG DVD's for Season 2 have been doing very well and TBS also wants to continue the series. But, chances are, a third season might not appear until sometime in 2008 when the Ah My Goddess Manga series celebrates it's 20th Anniversary. You can find detailed infomration on that over at my website: http://www.goddess-project.net

Apparently, it'll be a year long celebration which Kodansha and most likely TBS have in preparation for the celebration event, which is being reported in Kodansha's Monthly Afternoon Comics as well as various Kodansha periodicals.

The Admin of "The Goddess Project"
Keiichi Morisato

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

While it's welcome a member of the anime community is willing to post some information about a particular series to aid others, this is a borderline advertisement for your webpage, which goes against the rules of this website.

However, since your post deals more with the topic as opposed to actual advertising, i'll leave your post with the link intact, however, keep in mind that you have to ask for permission before you can tell people 'come to my webpage' more or less.

The dude in your house "stealing your food"

Stickamus Stickith (Stick)

PostPosted: 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Well, I must thank Keiichi Morisato for the information he shared with us. It is quite sad to know that there will no 3rd season in the near future - I was hoping for it this year fall. But I must also add that the post and the tone "I don't make it a habit of posting exclusive information on any site other than mine" was rather amusing....

Ah well, once again - thanks for the info. I guess that is the least I can do since I don't think I'll be joining your website actively any time soon. Best of luck! Smile *will he even read this?*

PostPosted: 
zrdb (#92228)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I hope that there'll be a 3rd season-but I'm not gonna hol my breath waiting for it. I think that we've got to be thankful that we got 2 seasons of OMG-that's lots more than we had before!

PostPosted: 
Keiichi Morisato (#119965)
AnimeNfo Peasant

It wasn't my intention to advertise for my site. It's big enough. I do come across all kinds of exclusive information directly from a very close friend of Hidenori Matsubara.

I've already been told that there will be a third season but that it probably won't be released until sometime next year, probably at the end of 2008 since only the first Evangelion movie has been scheduled for September. There are four Evangelion movies scheduled and both Hide and Ghoada and working on all fouor new Eva movies and Hide has said that there are no plans on working on the new season at the current time since they are both working on the Eva movies and that they needed a break from the series.

Don't expect anyone else to start a new season since Fujishima-san has complete faith and loyalty to Ghoada-san and Hidenori-san.

PostPosted: 
M (#118794)
AnimeNfo Scout

It's been announced that a two-episode special will broadcast on 28th and 31st December called Aa! Megami-sama: Tatakau Tsubasa (Fighting Wings)

That's all i've heard. I don't know if this will expand into a 3rd season or not.

UPDATE: This will definately be a stand-alone installment. And it's likely that it will focus on the

:
angel eater arc.

Considering they are using this arc, then a 3rd season is still highly plausible.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
XIUYAN1 (#135088)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Well. What can I say! I'm glad I deal with the end result

PostPosted: 
LoStSouLs (#17272)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

you seriously dont ever say anything useful do you.

Read And Enjoy The Rules Of This Forum
Read And Enjoy The Questions That Need Answering (FAQ)

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email Visit_website AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Veleon (#124559)

btw Stick, there is a link in that post. Might be shameless advertising. If you don't know what I am talking about highlight her whole post.

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka!" -Me

The Anime Couple's Contest, I urge you...participate like you've never participated before!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Stick (#5576)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

Veleon (#124559) :
btw Stick, there is a link in that post. Might be shameless advertising. If you don't know what I am talking about highlight her whole post.

That tricky bitch

PostPosted: 
kulpang (#261735)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I haven't heard any news about a future season 3 either. Could be still in the planning stages or even worse, still sourcing for funds to kick start the project.

PostPosted: 
SupraGuy (#92823)

Does the 2 episode Itsumo Futari de OVA count?

Have you read the Rules? How about the FAQ? If not, why not?

Anime Girls Character Battle Results!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message 
cranston (#84421)

SupraGuy (#92823) :
Does the 2 episode Itsumo Futari de OVA count?
Why Itsumo Futari de and not Tatakau Tsubasa?

Two elements make an anime great: romance and moe!
My anime collection (with ranking) and visual novel CGs!

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum » AA! Megami Sama
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot